Monday, September 22, 2008

Black Kids - September 23rd

The Black Kids are stopping through Atlanta on their North American Tour tomorrow at The Earl. I have seen their name around and heard a lot of buzz.

I was up in Charlotte all last week and their cd was playing at my friend’s house. I was really exited to find out who was playing… The Black Kids. I have been listening to their album at least once a day since I left Charlotte. I am hooked on the band with the odd name.

The indie rock band formed in Jacksonville in March of 2006. Rolling stone called them on of the top ten artists to watch in 2008. Their debut album, Partie Traumatic, was released in July 08 and debuted at #5 on the UK Charts. They have found a ton of success in Europe and are trying to carry it over to the states.

If you can find a way to make it to the Earl, it would be well worth your time. They have a great vintage sound that reminds you of the Cure/Joy Division. I love that mix a vintage quality with the dance rock movement that has been wildly popular with acts like Franz Ferdinand and The Killers. Rolling stone had this one right. In 2009, you may be only able to see them in The Phillips Arena. You will kicking yourself when you remember this relatively unknown band preformed for a few bucks at the Earl.


No comments: