Monday, April 18, 2011

It Came From the Cloud: Monday Mixtape Edition




This fantastic mixtape from Anoraak is right in my wheel house of music. When I was younger, I used to think my brother's taste in House music was so lame. It was "old guy" electronic music for me. I used to think, what's with all these vocals and two step beats? At that time I was listening to furious drum and bass. The grimier the bass lines and the faster the beats; the better. Talk about polar opposites! This House music was for old people... Fast forward ten years and now I am that old guy and feel bad for dissing my brother.

So what exactly am I talking about and what does it have to do with this mixtape. Let me first say that this mixtape is not house music centered but features some smooth vocals. It starts out fairly poppy with some crossover electronic music. Anoraak then progress into some serious dance music of the disco/house/electro variety to finish it off. These types of tracks suit my old man ears I guess. The most complimentary thing I could say is if I were to make a mixtape, these are the types of tracks I would play. It has been on repeat for the last three weeks and I hope you check it out...

Anoraak is an electronic/pop artist from France with two great full length albums under his belt. Djing isn't his main stick but he does an really awesome job putting this mixtape together.

GRAND BLANC Mix n°1 | by Anoraak by Anoraak

Tracklisting

Uniforms - 1020 Trickery Lane (Eumig & Chinon Remix)
Jupiter - Vow populi (Lifelike treatment)
Kelis - Scream (Russ Chimes remix)
Chas Bronz - Walking in space (Mustang remix)
Luke Million - Italo journey (Part II)
7he Myriads - Running man (Oliver DAX remix)
Michael Cassette - Winter
Bot'ox - Blue steel (Para One & Tacteel remix)
Dirty Super Car - Get a grip (The Loops Of Fury remix)
Pnau - With you forever (Dirty South remix)
Vandroid - Slave (Van She Tech remix)
Daft Punk - Burnin'
Bloc Party - One more chance (Alex Metric remix)
Yuksek - Daladeu2
StardonE - Space romance

No comments: