Thursday, August 14, 2008

Everything Diplo touches turns to gold...

A few years ago I heard about the Daughter of a Srilankan freedom fighter that Diplo had taken under his wing. This MC from England would turn into the huge international pop/hip hop star M.I.A. His unofficial M.I.A. re-mix album, “Piracy funds Terrorism” mysteriously arrived in my hands. I doubt terrorism had anything to do with it. From that point, I started gathering as much M.I.A. as I could get my hands on. He saw it first.



Again, he has reached out to another aspiring MC. I have blogged about Santogold in the past here. The timing was perfect for another Diplo remix album to put her on the map. Over and over I am hearing Santogold from TV, Radio, Commercials, and Movie Soundtracks. Their new album, “Top Ranking – A Diplo Dub” (Diplo meets Santogold in a dub chamber of remix) picks up from where Piracy left off. It is a flawless mix that has a bunch unbelievable remixes. To Ranking is laced with my favorite Santogold beats and accapellas.



Keep an eye out for the next Diplo Collaboration. It is a lock to be gold.

No comments: