Saturday, February 28, 2009

Speaking of Tokyo Police Club

I think I found their electronic twin. I heard about Matt & Kim through Cut Copy. Matt & Kim are going to be opening up for them on March 26th at the Masquerade. I had a chance to download their cd "Grand" this week and I jumped at the chance.



I was pleasantly surprised. No wonder why Cut Copy chose this guy and girl to tour with them. They almost sound like they were former punk rock kids. Unpolished vocals over hard hitting live drum beats mixed in with keyboard progressions. I know that sounds familiar, but there is something very unfamiliar about this group. They sound genuine. There sound isn't copied or seem like they are trying to be like someone. They just sound like Matt & Kim and I can't wait to see them live.

No comments: