Saturday, October 10, 2009

Taken By Trees

This band is one that I continue to play over and over again. I got the album two weeks ago and really didn't know what to think of it. Middle Eastern, meets folk, meets beautiful female vocals. It sounds strange but it works. This is a band that is way out of the realm of stuff I post up here but after going to their website I had to post them. I know that my blog is read by few (I watch the numbers on a weekly basis) but I do reach a few people.

Their latest post is so sad. She compares herself to a beached whale stuck at home. They have a new album and a band ready to go but the record company has no money for them to tour. That is a damn shame because Taken By Trees is one band that I would go see. Their music is so interesting and unique, it would be a hell of a live show. So here is my part in all this, anyone reading this that has an idea to help, contact them. Taken by Trees, I wish you all the luck and hope to see you in Atlanta soon.

No comments: