Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Wolf Parade




Wolf Parade - What did my lover say (it always had to go this way) by smithblogsatlanta

I rarely review rock bands here on SBA but this one really has to get some face time. I downloaded Expo 86 by Wolf Parade a few weeks ago and can't stop playing it.

Other than a horrendous first song on Expo 86, the album is terrific through and through. The vocals are so interesting sounding it makes you want more. The mix of classic electronic instrumentation and distortion is intriguing. I really don't know what else to tell you but they rock.

Listening to Expo 86' gave me flash backs to the first time I heard the Editors, The National, and Interpol. Lucky for me, I haven't heard the first two albums so I am going to have some homework to do in the near future. The foursome from Canada is currently touring Europe but I will be watching for US dates in the future.

No comments: