Friday, April 4, 2008

Free SXSW sampler reviewed in the Dayton Airport

What a crazy mix. A midwest airport and a line up from austin. Although this yearly concert is held in the deep south of texas, they have a very eclectic group of small unknown bands rock out each year. Before my buisness trip I was able to find two great FREE mixes on emusic.com. Sorry no links today. Working off the blackberry.

My favorite track off the IODA SXSW Opening Day Bash Sampler 2008 has to be "Compacto" by Curumin on Quantuum Projects Record Label. They have a funkier sound than Jack Johnson but in the same style. Well not exactely like johnson because they sing in spanish and are real upbeat.

Would be the perfect music for dancing, after three mixed drinks, at a peach party. Every time I hear this song it makes me smile. Couldn't ask for a better mood lifter when delayed an hour and a half on a rainy day in dayton. It is worth the time to download.

No comments: