Thursday, May 22, 2008

Keep your ears open for Santogold

I came across Santi White's self titled album. Santogold is one of those albums that catches you off guard. Each song is shockingly different but each is also very good. Jumping genrars from track to track. The best description I have heard is by my friend Ryan, "Gwen Stefani ate M.I.A. This one touches on rock, ska, dub, dancehall and electro."

Santogold started her carrier as the lead singer of the Philidelphia based punk/ska band Stiffed. They have put out two albums from 2003 to 2005 (Sex Sells and Burned Again).



The comparisions to Gwen Stephanie are going to be undenieable but I think as an artist, Santi is well beyond a No doubt Comparision. What she is doing as an artist is cutting edge for the popular music scene today. She will infultrate it. Just in the few days I have been delaying and procrastinating on this blog, she has risen to the 6th most downloaded artist on emusic. Here are some tracks for your listening enjoyment. You didn't hear it first here. Open your ears and you will hear Santi everywhere.








No comments: