Thursday, February 11, 2010

The Presets Surprise



Last week I found a interesting mixtape by Kim Moyes, 1/2 of The Presets, on one of my favorite blogs - Stoneyroads. The note that went along with it said that Kim was recording the 64 minute mixtape for modsquads modcast while in the studio working on the new album. This was a surprise because I didn't even know that they were recording or that Kim (plays drums and keyboard) was a DJ. Usually if the musician is talented they have a good taste in music but where it is iffy is that they may or may not be able to spin. I downloaded with optimism.

I didn't know what to expect but I have been more than pleased with the Mixtape. For a guy that plays drums and keyboards for a living he sure has a hell of a talent mixing tracks. Some of the stuff that put on here is like nothing I have
heard before and its amazing. Very cool instrumental builds and vocal
centered electronica weave back and forth for over an hour. If you are a fan of the presets and like music in that genera, this is a must have. Go check out Stoneyroads and download the mixtape here

No comments: