Friday, February 19, 2010

Shawn Lee does it again...



Shawn Lee and I only go back a few months. I ran into the fellow by accident out on emusic. Decided to give him a listen (who wouldn't listen to an artist called "Shawn Lee & Clutchy Hopkins", right?). I fell in love with the first collaboration. At the time I wasn't sure which piece I was diggin? Was it Lee or Hopkins? Now that I hear Shawn Lee on another project, I am sure.

Now he is back again. This time he is in collaboration with Bei Bei. She started playing the Gu Zheng at the age of seven and "and received her professional musical training, majoring in the Gu Zheng at the Central University of Nationalities in Beijing, China and the Hong Kong Academy for Performing Arts in Hong Kong from several Gu Zheng masters such as Li-Jing Sha, Mu-Lan Hai, Chun-Jiang Teng, and Ling-Zi Xu". So to sum it up, the woman has chops. She is incredible on this instrument. Shawn Lee is equally as skilled in the production. Together they are match made in heaven. The most interesting album I have heard all year.

No comments: