Wednesday, October 29, 2008

"I love a good accent"

I have been debating whether to buy Scotland's Frightened Rabbit's second album "midnight organ fight" for a many month's now. Since that time they have come through atlanta with little fan fare. The played a small show at the Drunken Unicorn, which is unbelievable small venue. I had only heard Modern Leper off a South by Southwest Sampler CD. I should of gone.

Upon reading reviews of their latest live ablum that was released in October, "Liver! Lungs! FR!", I now know I made a huge mistake. This band is so great live. Almost every song gave me chills up my spin. Their lead singer Scott Hutchinson literally leaves his heart dripping from his sleeve. I love emusic's review. --

"Songs so emotionally ragged that carefully manicured studio versions could never be enough, Frightened Rabbit’s startling and heartwrenching Midnight Organ Fight gets a spirited, sweaty reworking in the live setting. This is how the songs were meant to be heard: wrenching and yearning, falling apart but desperately trying to keep it together. “I Feel Better” gets cooled down, beats removed, guitars unplugged, bleary organ running through the background. “Good Arms Vs. Bad Arms” is more affecting than ever, volume dropped but emotions still running high. And though the album title references the two organs most likely ruined on the road, it omits the one that’s always front and center in Frightened Rabbit’s songs: the heart."

So basically, don't make the same mistake that I did. Take the oportunity to see an amazing band that is comming very soon to you, unfortunately they aren't coming near me...



Upcoming Shows

Oct 29 2008 8:00P
Media Club Vancouver, British Columbia
Oct 30 2008 8:00P
Holocene Portland, Oregon
Nov 1 2008 8:00P
Bottom Of The Hill San Francisco, California
Nov 2 2008 8:00P
Bottom Of The Hill San Francisco, California
Nov 3 2008 8:00P
Echoplex Los Angeles, California
Nov 5 2008 8:00P
U31 San Diego, California
Nov 6 2008 8:00P
Rhythm Room Phoenix, Arizona
Nov 6 2008 8:00P
Stinkweeds - FREE instore Phoenix, Arizona
Nov 8 2008 8:00P
Hailey’s Denton, Texas
Nov 9 2008 8:00P
Fun Fun Fun Fest @ 14.25 Stage 1B Austin, Texas

No comments: