Monday, March 3, 2008

I was mistaken when I said I had found the best show in March…

Man, was I wrong. Don’t get it twisted, I love Simian Mobile Disco. Period. But I doubt their Dj set will compare to Modeselektor’s live set. Modeselektor **MAY** be coming through Atlanta. I was looking at their myspace page and saw --- (March 23, Masquerade Atlanta GA). I flipped out and started dialing my friends. I could not confirm it on the Masquerade home page so I am keeping my fingers crossed.

This duo, Gernot Bronsert and Sebastian Szary, from Germany have gotten some press in 2007 for their song, "The White Flash" with Radiohead’s lead man, Thom York. That is actually how I found out about this band. I sampled their song together and had to hear more. In minutes I bought "Happy Birthday!". In days I bought their first album, “hello mom”. It will be minutes after their new album release before I buy that album.

They have an unbelievable blend of raw programming, dirty bass, top notch hip hop guest appearances, and truly danceable beats. To get a true feel of what they bring to their live show check this out:




Modeselektor
March 23, 2008
Masquerade (Hell) Atlanta, GA
$ not released yet (tickets not on sale yet…)

No comments: