Sunday, July 26, 2009

We Were Promised Jetpacks - These Four Walls


We Were Promised Jetpacks "Little Voices"

I heard this song tonight and fell in love with this band. I immediately downloaded the album and I am almost through. Every song holds up the the energy, rhythm, and overall bad-ass post punk speed that "little Voices" provides.

What is it about Scottish post-punk rock scene that makes my blood boil and my hair stand on end? I know it isn't me getting in touch with my Scottish heritage but I really do connect with the amazing talent coming out of this little country. This past year I have steadily been listening to The Maccabees and Frightened Rabbit. Just tonight I learned about We Were Promised Jetpacks and There will be Fireworks.

What an amazing time we live in. When bands world wide are all accessible with just a high speed internet. There is so much great "local" talent everywhere. There are too many creative people who love music, breath music, and make music their lives/lively hood for a select group of record companies to promote. Many don't get the exposure they deserve. We Were Promised Jetpacks is one of those bands. Hopefully with this little blog I can give them a few more fans...

No comments: