Wednesday, August 19, 2009

I'm back.... and "Ready for the Weekend"





Only three days into the work week and already dreaming of the weekend. Speaking of weekend, I am loving the new Calvin Harris.

I have seen some criticism out there in the blogsphere but I don't buy it for a second. It's a sophomore album. In the second album, don't be surprised if the artist grows. If the artist grows, don't hate.

Calvin Harris uses many of the staples that got him noticed in the first place - electro beats, catchy vocals, and synthpop goodness. Ready for the weekend is no different but the sound has evolved. The overall impression I have got listening to this album for the last day is that the production value has skyrocketed. I am not sure if was a change in studio or him spending more time but each song is polished and crisp. Here's a little teaser:


Calvin Harris "Ready for the Weekend"

Also some fun remixes that have already been released:


"Ready for the Weekend" Fake Blood Remix


Ready for the Weekend" High Contrast Remix

No comments: