Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Bowski "WeAreBlahBlahBlah Mixtape EP"



WeAreBlahBlahBlah EP31 - Mixed Bowski by WeAreBlahBlahBlah

I found this mix by Bristol's Bowski, on WeAreBlahBlahBlah's soundcloud page. To be honest with you, the reason I was drawn to the mix was the 2 Bears track at the end of it - which was one of my favorite tracks released in 2010. The rest of the artists in the mix were pretty much a mystery.

The mix starts with percussion build up and then drops a nasty upright bass line that will rattle your car if your not careful. Next a strange organ loop that sounds like something you would hear in the 50's between play acts on top comes in. I was instantly intrigued about this mix. As unfortunate as it is, many dj's can lose a lister after just one song. I am glad this Bowski didn't loose me in this case.

After the second song "Bartok", which has one of the most ominous sounding horn loops that gave me chills the first time i heard it, I was already sold. The bpm never let up. Its almost has a tribal feel at times.

I love how the mix keeps building until the half way point. The music turns almost chaotic but just for two or three minutes, then it slowly starts to unwind. By the time 2 Bears track hits, it has almost turned into a downtempo feel. The last track "Islands (Noze Remix)" by Caro lets the mix blissfully fade away. It has everything that I look for in a Mixtape - great memorable tracks, progression, diversity, and structure. I hope you all enjoy.

Tracklist:

01. Morgens Fango Abends Tango - Hanne & Lore
02. Bartok - Luca Lozano & Sacha Robotti
03. Obrigado (Yolanda Be Cool Remix) - Camel
04. Cocoony - Lucio Aquilina
05. Mundo - Alex Piccini & Olderic
06. Leggings - Bowski
07. Gain Reaction - Jan Driver
08. B Acid (Bowski Remix) - XY-Me
09. Glass Onion - H2
10. Captain My Captain - Pan Pot & Cari Golden
11. I Feel Better (Max Cooper Remix) - Hot Chip
12. Symphonia (Claude VonStroke Remix) - James Braun
13. Fables and Fairytales (Deniz Kurtel Remix) - N/A
14. Destroy Them My Robots - The 2 Bears
15. Island (Noze Remix) - Caro

Bonus: Video "Be Strong" by The 2 Bears

No comments: