Tuesday, January 18, 2011

It Came From the Cloud - Fare Soldi




I am very excited to announce a new venture this year with SmithBlogsAtlanta and DeadJournalist - It came from the Cloud. Each week we are going to bring you the very best SoundCloud has to offer by featuring an in depth look at my favorite artists on this unbelievable site.

Stevie Wonder - Superstition (Fare Soldi Zupparstition rmx) by FARE SOLDI

Last Month I released my first mixtape of my favorite soundcloud artists. I found it extremely hard to just pick one song per artist and it got me thinking about a weekly post like this. Luckily DeadJournalist was receptive to the idea and here we are.

Duran Duran - Rio (Fare Soldi "Sposerò Simon Le Bon" rmx) by FARE SOLDI

I have been fans of Fare Soldi for at least two years now. The thing I love about this Italian duo is that they have a definite "sound." Not matter what genera they are remixing, you can hear a track and instantly pick them out. Santana Pasta and Luka Carnifull got a cool disco / house vibe that make sitting still while listening to their music impossible. They can take the biggest sounds in electronic music and make them better.

Barbra Streisand- Duck Sauce (Fare Soldi - Duck Soldi rmx) by FARE SOLDI

Fare Soldi isn't only just about remixes though. Their production tracks can be heard throughout the dance floors of Europe and the USA. They have the ability to bring that disco feel without sounding dated. Their music would work as good in the 70's and 80's as it does today. Make sure you listen to all their soundcloud tracks because there is just too much great music by them to fit in one post. They also have some fantastic mixtapes if your in the mood as well.

Fare Soldi - Guerrino by FARE SOLDI

No comments: