Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Throwback Tuesday - Soundbombing Part Two

When I first heard this compilation at the start of the last decade (wow that sounds strange), I nearly lost it. So many tracks I had never heard before. So many artist I didn't know! So many artist I loved already.



There wasn't a house party that we threw that didn't play this cd. There wasn't a road trip to South Florida that didn't consist of a little Soundbombing Two. For years, this album was a soundtrack to my time at the University of Florida from walking to class to watching the sunrise from the night before. Even now, 10 years later, I can't listen without moving in my seat.



They don't make Mixtapes like this anymore, look at this artist list -> Eminem, Pharoahe Monch, Talib Kweli, R.A. the Rugged Man, Mos Def, The Beat Junkies, Sadat X, Bahamadia, Dilated Peoples, Company Flo, Common... To top it off, the beat junkies mix this compilation flawlessly. It a classic.

No comments: