Sunday, January 3, 2010

Nosaj Thing Brings in the New Year

I have spent days listening to "Drift" by Nosaj Thing. I am no closer to an album review today than I was when I first heard this album four days ago. Does it do the artist justice by just saying, "Trust me, it's that good, buy it Nosaj Thing - Drift?" I tried writing a review last night but I got as lost in the review as I do in his music. How do you describe something completely foreign to you on so many levels. It has been years since I heard music that made me feel like this.

Maybe I should start with a comparison - The music of 2001 Space Oddssy composed by RJD2. Nah, that doesn't work either. Let's try a description from Nosaj Thing's myspace:

"His electronic soundscapes and wild beat tectonics play like vignettes that affect the listener's mind as deeply as he hits their soul. Nosaj Thing creates nothing less than the sound mastery of beat driven, experimental electronics from a gifted noise constructor."

Enough words already! I will try and let the music do the talking...


IOIO

Nosaj Thing from 13thWitness™ on Vimeo.


Nosaj Thing "live"


Coat of Arms

No comments: